- Racist by design white by default
- Reflect and rebound
- Get over your feelings.
- Intention without strategy is chaos
- When the tables are overturned who do they land on?
- Believe in harm reduction.
- Dialogue is focused on understanding not providing proof
- Antiracist is the standard
- Codes of conduct
- Execution and enforcement
- Apologizing and making amends
- Get comfortable living in the gray
- It's not about my feelings. It's not about me.
- Make an effort to understand what is being said.
- It's not about your intention, it's about your impact
- Don't make it about yourself
Receive the gift of feedback.
Lack of inclusion is a risk management issue
- Prioritize the most vulnerable
The closest an individual is to whiteness [the default] the greater...
- their access to privilege
- their ability to determine and set the status quo
- the chances of being extended the benefit of the doubt
- their feelings are prioritized
- the impact of their behavior is evaluated from an ”assume positive intent” perspective
- the expectation of being treated with compassion and empathy
- Stop looking for simple solutions to complex problems
- Look for patterns
- Equity over equality
- Impact over intention
- Question everything that you've been told/taught about yourself and your world
- #BlackInAstro: How Can We Support Black Astronomers?
- White by Law
- In 1967, at the Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta, Georgia, Martin Luther King spoke about the "new phase" of the struggle for "genuine equality" 11 months before he was assassinated.
- Brazil in Black and White
- Brazil In Black And White: Update
- Twenty-First Century Blackface
- Dismantling White Supremacy And The 5 Stages of Grief
- How Can We Win
- The Door to Systemic Change is Open. Why Now?