Theory and Process
- The Web's Grain. Essay by Frank Chimero based on a 2015 presentation on the the nature of the web medium is a classic.
Redesigning his site in the open. Frank‘s blog posts titled Redesign are very helpful and get behind the scenes how a web designer thinks.
The Web Project Guide. Understand how each stage of the website process fits in with the next. Online book by Corey Vilhauer & Deane Barker.
CSS and HTML
- Mozilla Developer Network Start with CSS and HTML to craft your site. Technical, but very thorough and up-to-date. I visit the CSS section all the time.
- Google Web Developers.
- Join GitHub.
- GitHub Desktop. Graphical user interface app.
- Install Git. Use Git on the command line.
- GitHub Student Developer Pack. For students, good collection of free offers.
And many more links on my web design workshop.